Friday, June 11, 2010

Wedding Weekend

Our good friend Andre is getting married this weekend. We thought we had everything all planned out as far as that was concerned. We were going to bring Ginny to St. Petersburg Beach and she was going to hang out with Grammie and Grandpa while I was giving a heartwarming toast to Andre and his beautiful bride Megan as Rachel sat smiling in admiration next to me. Then we would enjoy a weekend at the beach to relax with the little bundle of joy.

Life doesn't always work out the way you plan it.

We are going to make it to Andre's wedding and help him celebrate the best day of his life thus far. (Andre - You'll probably have at least one more day that is just as awesome. Trust me.) We'll go straight from the hospital to the rehearsal, wedding tomorrow, and straight home after the reception. Ginny is stable and in great hands, and we could use a few hours away from the hospital. Hopefully while we're gone she can work on kicking the nitric habit.

Of course, knowing her gene pool, she'll probably throw a party in the NICU while her parents are out of town.

2 comments:

  1. Well you two go have a great time, being with so many of your great friends will be good medicine for your souls. Ginny is in great hands!! Remember both sets of grandparents are in town so if you need anything at all we are just a phone call away. Have a great time!!! Lord knows you need it right now. Party in NICU , hmmm sounds like a great idea to me.:) I Love all three of you very much. Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny
    Grandpa is going to drive by the hospital every hour to check all vehicles for NO. I'll be you have a buyer around someplace. Maybe Tony is your supplier. I'm feeling much better and I have the green light to see you by Sunday. I miss you.
    I love you
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete